Even when the emails are deleted, PST file size would remain what it was before deleting emails. However the unused space is used as emails keep coming in to your PST file and that’s how space is allocated. However on your hard disk, that unused space continues to remain occupied. Not a smart way to use your storage, is it?
So here’s what you do to fix that.
If the PST file size is larger(I know a subjective term, but the one I had was 13 GB), it is likely to have errors, so first go ahead and run scanpst.exe. Select the PST file that is in trouble. This runs in 2 phases, first analyze the file and then actually repairing it.
Once it is done analyzing it, it will tell you the number of errors etc. Once done, hit repair. Now this process might take some time depending on the size of your PST file. Your dialogue box might also turn into “Not responding”, but have patience, its gonna come back. A log file would have been created at the same place where your PST file is. Just in case, you want to review what did this repair utility did.
Once the repair process is done, Right click on PST file in outlook –> Data File properties –> Advance –> Compact. Now this too can take quite some time, depending upon your the size of your PST file. Once done, go back to the folder where you had your PST file and check for yourself, the PST file size would have reduced to what actually it should be after deleting emails.
I had 13 GB PST file, deleted almost all emails, encountered this problem, followed what I just stated above and PST size is now just 62 MB.
There would not be any point in doing this unless it serves the purpose to either the result of what you are doing or how you are doing it. so its better to ask “WHY” before you take on this path to do your sales force reports.
So, lets address that first!
Why does one need to use an API to import the data/report from Sales force?
Well, there are various reason why one would have to or want to use this way of doing sales force reports. Here are a few.
1. Sometimes the data/report that you get from sales force is not how you want to present it. so you need that data to be in excel and then put your formats in place. Reason for that could be audience of the report prefers the data in one way or the other. 2. Sometimes sales force does not allow you to schedule the report but by using this API with VBA macro, you can actually schedule the report and run it as many times as you want and when you want. 3. Because VBA is pretty comprehensive in automating reports, we can have fully automated reports. 4. You do not have to interact with sales force at all, once you are done setting up your API and your code in VBA.
So there could be many more reasons. Above given reasons are the ones why I chose to use the enabler for Excel API.
Now if you ask, why this API only and not any other? Well, that’s because this API was lucky to get to my attention first and I just happened to figure it out in a few minutes and I liked how easier it is to use it.
So, I’d provide you a few links below on how to install this free API. Once you install it, follow my instruction on how to write a few lines of code to make it work.
So the first link is where you get your API installed, and second one is where you learn how to install API.
Now that you have your API installed, Here is the essential code for how to use Excel for Enabler API and use VBA macro to import data/report from sales force.
Note – Green is the comments, explaining each line of code. ====================CODE STARTS
Private Sub ImportReport()
Dim addin As Office.COMAddIn
Dim automationObject As Object
Dim error As String
Dim error1 As String
Dim Result As Boolean
Dim ReportResult As String
this code sets “Enabler For Excel” as ADDIN for “automationObject” OBJECT
For Each addin In Application.COMAddIns
If addin.Description = "Enabler for Excel" Then
Set automationObject = addin.Object
Login to environment “password and security token has to be in one word” ; “URL could sometimes be different based on the organization you work for, so do check before pasting this code”
Result = AutomationObject.LogIn("UserName","PasswordSecurityToken", "https://login.salesforce.com",error)
So if the authentication fails in the code above that it would have return’ed false and this condition would be true and hence the error message would be displayed, which is contained in variable error an’d at this point entire function ends, none of the below code gets executed.
If Result = False Then
At this point our authentication is done. We are just running a report that we already have created in sales force. We are using a 15 or 18 character Report Id to identify which report do we want to run. Where do we get Report Id? Well just open your sales force report and see the URL in your browser now. there you will find your Report ID, just paste that id between double quotes here
ReportResult = automationObject.RunReport("XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX", error1)
Dim ws As Worksheet
Set ws = ActiveSheet
This code paste entire report on cell C6 onwards, I could use any according to my convenience. Now you have your data in Excel, run your further automation on this format it and you can make a report completely automated without even looking at it.
With ws.QueryTables.Add(Connection:="TEXT;" & ReportResult, Destination:=ws.Range("C6"))
.TextFileParseType = xlDelimited
.TextFileCommaDelimiter = True
Here is some data to enlighten you. When you put out number of candidates with criminal charges from BJP, (Of course you conveniently ignore CONgress party criminal candidates). Do look at your numbers as well.
Out of 434 candidates that you have put in this loksabha 2014 election, you have 44 candidates with criminal charges against them, which is little over 10%. As matter of fact, if you sum of all the criminal cases of all the parties, your AAM ADMI PARTY tops the list with total of 847 cases. How do you justify that.
You are the party which said, we will fight the election to make sure, dynasts/criminals/communals/corrupts don’t get an entry into the parliament. But what happened when you decided to give away tickets. you did the same thing. You gave tickets to the people who passes these 4 categories with flying colors.
Bhapkar Maruti Sahebrao
MUMBAI NORTH EAST
Narayan Gundu Powar
Chatap Wamanrao Sadashiv
Dr. Himanshu Singh
Kumar Chandra Mardi
Ware Subhash Shankarrao
Paras Dada Saklecha
Amar Nath Pandey
Narayan Chandra Jena
Binod Kumar Das
Satya Narayan Mahar
Vijay Kumar Chourasiya
Shazia Ilmi Malik
Mithalesh Kumar Mahto
Prabhat Kumar Mahanty
Source – Myneta.info
Now if we look at this information, 2 candidates who have given ticket from AAP, have 382 and 380 criminal cases against them. Yes you heard it right. 382 and 380. Now on what bases AAP teaches us secularism or anti corruption or change or clean politics or anything.
Here is the candidature details of Udayakumar S.P filed by himself – Click Here
Here is the candidature details of M. Pushparayan filed by himself – Click Here
This information is based on what your candidates filed in their affidavits. This info is not sponsored or created by BJP. Hope you believe these numbers.
So before you start shooting and scooting, which is what you do best. Its high time you introspect and then put forth your charges against anybody else. I agree that its high time we need to kick the criminals out of parliament. Well then that can be done too. Do watch Narendra Modi’s interview on ANI news and see how he intends to do it. Again, he is open if anyone comes up with a better plan to do that. Unlike your Kejriwal who believes, “Either My Way, or DHARNA”. Come on guys it does not even Rhyme.
Now that I am addressing a bunch of you, a few questions to you guys
1. Which candidate has been given ticket by asking people of that constituency, because that is what Kejriwal claimed to do.
2. How did Rajmohan Gandhi got the ticket? Because he is related to Gandhi? or did you ask people in that constituency?
3. If you intend to fight corrupts, why no candidates against Sonia, leave that, why Kejriwal does not fight against Sonia too, like he is fighting against Modi, 2 seats are allowed to fight, right?
4. If you intend to fight corrupts, how did you give ticket to Yudhbir Singh Khyalia who reversed the orders of Ashok Khemka in Robert Vadra’s fishy land deals.
5. How is it that Kejriwal not talk about any issues of Raebareli, unless Raebareli is better than Singapore?
6. How is it that Kejriwal goes to a Muslim religious cleric and asks for Muslim votes, which is asking on the bases of religion but blames BJP for being Communal.
7. How is it that, Yogendra Yadav becomes Salim Khan in Muslim area and remains Yogendra Yadav in other areas. And yet you blame BJP is communal. Source – AAP’s co-founder and Kejriwal’s former colleague with various NGOs.
8. Why is it that your manifesto talks about special plan for Muslims, a true nationalist or a true secular person would rather prefer, a special plan for poor people, be it of any religion. Again, you play religious card but blame BJP for being communal.
9. How is it that Kejriwal gets to decide, what part of interview with Punya Prasoon Bajpai get more air time and what part does not(Krantikaari, Bahut Krantikaari moment). And Yet you blame Modi and BJP of being in game with Media and business houses.
I have many more questions since your earlier Delhi days but lets not get there, you stand exposed already on those issues.
PS – A humble Request: Do not tell me the name and the number of candidates of BJP that have criminal charges against them, I know the list, I have seen it. I also agree that BJP has a few bad apples, yet I believe they have strongest team at national level which can take the country forward. Hence I support BJP for national politics and I support #NaMo as PM.
A supporter of #BJP and #NaMo. and Yes I’d like to call myseft the one who believes in THE Mantra – Nation First.
This is something I penned down a few days back on my fb post and thought this could be better read as a blog post, here it is. This gives you very basic information on what do you consider before voting or rather what should you consider before voting in this 2014 general election. If you are a big time politics follower and read quite a lot on politics and development statistics of India then you might find this post pretty novice, but if you are not so politically aware and dont follow day to day politics then this might just give you an idea how do you want to go about voting this season. This is just a humble attempt to put some facts before you.
#CONgress – Raul Vinci(aka Rahul Gandhi) and Antonio Maino(aka Sonia Gandhi) and top CONgress leaders put together have discussed these issues in their rallies. we gave RTI, FSB, we want to empower women and we are inclusive, we will give special free bees to minority. but what actually represents them is proven record of massive corruption, super high inflation, misgovernance, internal and external security issues, rupee falling against foreigh currency, not one neighbour country our friend, most number of ministers with corruption allegation or even charges, One italian lady and others just bow down.
#AAP – talks about Anti-corruption(single point agenda) and lately communalism, special plan for muslims not even minority.(My take, every citizen of this country is an Indian and they all needs a great deal of governance, don’t fucking play politics over religion.) All are corrupt, all are chors, all needs to be sent tihar. Anarchy, and self proclaimed GODS of HONESTY. No plan, no proven record, no concrete substance on how to DO THINGS.
#BJP – There is too much being put on #Modi , there is a team effort in the back ground but in forefront every one is fighting ..over Modi wave, Team work and others need to come in forefront too. Many believe in him as if he is gonna come and we all be happy in no time. He is human and a very good one at that and a better leader and the man with the best vision for the country. but here is what BJP and #NaMo has talked about so far.
1. Talks about auctioning and/or making transparent policies to allocate natural resources. – Addressing policy paralysis and bringing in transparency in policy making
2. How education needs to addressed and he uses Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh example of how things can be changed in education, there is still a long way to go.
3. Women empowerment, how Madhyapradesh & Goa uses abhiyaans to implement women oriented schemes.
4. How infrastructure can be built to help ppl in every nook and corner of the territory. again MP/CH/GJ/Goa are examplea for Roads, Technology utilized in e-governance or in power sector, internet.
5. How employment can be generated.
6. How manufacturing industry can flourish.
7. Nation first, no one is of above Constitution, be it of religion, cast, creed, ethnicity or gender.
8. Grievance Redressal system, famous and award winning Swagat Online.
9. How tourism can unite and terrorism divides, Gujarat was one of those first ones to come up with tourism ads and I being from Kutch, know very well, how kutch tourism has gone from none/nothing to flourished tourism post devastating Earth-quake in 2001.
10. How cops can be trained and educated, first security forces university in India is in Gujarat.
11. Think big, think different and make a mark on the world map. e.g. Sabarmati River front Project and visionary Statue of Unity(Still just a concept but I think it ll be reality in 5-7 years).
12. How each state can be assigned a country to build diplomatic and trade relations with other countries and make friends overseas, the basics of any foreign relations.
13. How health care is important, 108 emergency ambulance which reaches you anytime of the day and institutionalizing almost all the deliveries where these numbers were really bad a decade ago.
14. Water grid in Gujarat is one of the finest and biggest in India, comes in top ranks in Asia and world too.
15. Transport – award winning BRTS transport in Ahmedabad.
16. First state in India to be 100% electrified is Gujarat. with better business model for PSUs and they are profit making PSUs. Madhyapradesh to achieve the same within 3 years.
So they give you a dream of every area/domain of life with proven records in Gujarat or Madhyapradesh or Chhatisgarh or goa. and how that plan/model can be tweaked/amended and be implemented in the country. Here is the party is not just selling you a dream but it is telling you here is the dream for India and here is what is the same dream, in reality in Gujarat, all we have to do is let us all work together and make that dream true for India.
Think wisely before you vote.#JaiHind #VandeMataram
I would not call this a super exposing blog or a story, but here is how Main Stream Media and people in power play with us and especially with the information/news that is fed to us.
All of this is based on what I have seen on TV and read on internet and in the sequence how events have unfolded. I have just put together the events, let us all see how this looks.
Event – 1 : CoalGate
Nation is hit with great COAL SCAM. News Broke, super outrage.
SC orders status report on investigation to CBI.
CBI gets in touch with PMO and law ministry, they held a meeting. officers of PMO and law ministry changed the report. This is broke in media too. CBI, law ministry and PMO denies of report changing. Letter says yes, we did minor changes of legal language and format however the crux of the report was not changed. SC asked CBI to file affidavit, CBI did that. SC says heart of the report was changed.
While the Event 1 is in the air, nation is hit with Event 2.
Event – 2 : Railway Ministry is selling top posts
Nephew of Pawan Bansal, was selling top post in Indian Railways in crores.
Mr. Bansal denies all.
Media comes up with document which shows Mr. Minister was given unsecured loan at cheapest interest rate. Hence it is confirmed he has everything to do with his nephew in terms of business.
So on the basis of these 2 events and many other UPA scams, opposition, a very responsible one at that, BJP stalls the parliament seeking resignation of Mr. Railway & Law Minster.
UPA/CONgress denies it. Later with more outrage they resign. by then Parliament session is over and opposition is blamed for not letting it function, even media questions opposition, however they should be questioning CONgress. Media rested the matter saying more to come.
Event – 3 : Mrs Nalini Chidambaram SCAM
Current finance minister and then Home minister’s wife was given 42 crores. A business man (scared for his life as hell) in his statement to CBI, names all the culprits but Media chooses not to name any of them, in the name of ethics of Journalism, My ____ ethics of journalism.
The whole issue is buried down.
With these 3 major issues, hitting hard the government, which involves top 4 people of the Government of World’s largest DEMOCRACY, being involved in SCAM, LOOT, EXTORTION, BREAKING LAW, CONTEMPT OF SUPREME COURT; CONgress led UPA was at the weakest ground.
All of the above is about PUBLIC MONEY. MINE and YOUR money. So how to serve our masters was the question in front of media.
Here comes the biggie, what is that most people in the country would relate to. CRICKET CRICKET CRICKET, as they says its not a sport but a religion in INDIA.
Event – 4 : THE IPL SAGA
Its been weeks since every media house is hitting hard the BCCI and the IPL. Match fixing has been an old disease and SPOT fixing, relatively a new one.
Media comes up with big names, bigger nexus involving D gang etc.
However entire public discourse boils down to, Mr. Srinivasan’s resignation. No media Diva or Prince is focusing or asking on how to fix the issue of match/spot fixing, as if Srinivasan’s resignation is going to fix it.
So now that Srinivasan has resigned or stepped aside, they don’t know what to do, so they now have found DHONI holds a postion of Vice President in India Cement, and 15% stake in a sports management company so they ask, does DHONI have vested interest?
At the end, I don’t give a damn if Srinivasan stays or goes, if DHONI has vested interest or not, as long as they make my cricket clean and win trophies for country.
Mind you, this IPL story has been airing 24*7 from weeks now but not a single line note on above mentioned first 3 events/SCAMS and/or CWG, 2G, VadraGate, ChopperGate, TruckGate, IrrigationGate etc etc. Which are all about PUBLIC FUNDS and on the other hand IPLGate/SPOTFIXING are about private money.
However I am not saying its of any less significance, but Media should prioritize stories and give us the real news, that affects us.
Enough Said, Justice Arnab, Rajdeep, Sagarika Gosh, Barkha Dutt, and every other media Diva/Prince, made you forget bigger SCAMS(Public Funds) by playing IPL(Private money Issue) Saga and served their Most corrupt CONgress Masters, knowingly or unknowingly.
The movie gives you an experience to refresh yourself. A very decent love story with a very different Angle to love. The back ground score is amazing. A R Rehman is just great. I like those famous JTHJ lines by SRK, A song “Sanso me teri..” and that bubbly number on Akira “Jiya jiya re jiya..”. A Yash Chopra with his direction giving every scene brighter is a winner too. A fresh story to a love triange. Finally a movie which has some content(those who are bored with typical comedy movies, this one’s for you). Katrina is learning acting, but she still was expressionless. Akira is too good, SRK as always great at Romance. As they say, this guy can ROMANCE with even a bloody tree. Whats not right about the movie? Here we go.. as every other KJo and YRF movie, SRK takes 70% of the screen time, irrespective of the stature of other actors in the movie. Katrina too, is sacrificing here, but the movie is all about Samar Anand. A song or two could have been avoided to keep the audience interested. Its just too long to hold on to it, you loose the interest inbetween. So I’d go with 3 on 5 for this last love saga by YASH ji, the Legend.
The best thing about this movie is, after first 15 minutes, it just keeps you with it. You don’t want to miss a bit in the movie. The story telling is good here. The content, the story itself scores here. Not sure why there was a need of a lady playing a role to talk down this guy. It could just have been any other guy. In fact the guy Edward Burns was already there with his peculiar accent. Movie does tend to feel like its similar to what we have seen in The Negotiater starring Samuel Jackson and one of my favourites Kavin Spacey. However this movie does have its own space. Sam has done a good job. Direction and back groud score too are doing justice. You won’t regret a tub of pop corn and a couple of expensive tickets. I’d give 3 on 5 and a generous version of me would add a half to that.